- Working Group 1 – Terminology
- Working Group 2 – Dependability Techniques
- Working Group 3 – Dependability Management and Systems
- Working Group 4 – Dependability Information Systems
WG1 – Terminology
News at Frankfurt, Germany, June 2019
WG1 met on June 5, 2019 at VDE/DKE headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. Six WG1 members and five guests attended the meeting.
At the meeting, the terms and figures in the “living document” were discussed. It was agreed to freeze the definitions that have not received any comments or inputs and have remain unchanged since the last three WG1 meetings. The process to publish these frozen definitions thru TC 56 and TC 1 will be started. The remaining definitions in the “living document” will continue to be discussed and finalized during future WG1 meetings.
Runar Østebø, the convenor of ISO TC67 WG4 and liaison contact for TC56 gave a presentation of the current work being undertaken by his committee.
WG1 will have its next meeting on October 23, 2019 at the TC 56 Plenary meeting in Shanghai, China.
WG2 – Dependability Techniques
News at Milan, Italy, November 2018
WG2 have just had a successful meeting in Milan, Italy, between 5th and 9th November 2018
- WG2 have had the following standard published;
- IEC 60812 Analysis techniques for system reliability – Procedure for failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- WG2 are currently working on the following documents:
- IEC 60300-3-5 Application guide ‑ Test Conditions and Statistical Test Principles.
- IEC 61163-2 Reliability stress screening – Part 2: Electronic components.
- IEC 60300-3-1 Dependability management ‑ Part 3-1: Application guide ‑ Analysis techniques for dependability ‑ Guide on methodology.
- IEC 61025 Ed. 2.0 Fault tree analysis (FTA).
- IEC 61123 Reliability testing ‑ Compliance test plans for success ratio.
- IEC 61124 Reliability testing ‑ Compliance tests for constant failure rate and constant failure intensity.
- IEC 62506 Methods for product accelerated testing.
- IEC 61014 Reliability Growth.
The next meeting of Working Group 2 will take place October 2018. Please contact the convener for full details.
WG 3 – Dependability Management and Systems
News at Milan, Italy, November 2018
The November 2018 meeting of WG3 was held in Milan during the week of November 5th. From the meeting the following items of interest are:
- IEC 62960 Dependability reviews through the lifecycle: the draft CDV was finalised and will be issued during December. The document is to replace IEC 61160 Design reviews and focuses on technical reviews through the life cycle.
- IEC 62402 Obsolescence management: comments on the CDV were discussed and an FDIS is to be issued.
- IEC 62508 Human aspects of dependability: a new project leader was approved and a fresh call for experts is to be issued with the aim of restarting this project at the next meeting.
- The five core standards of TC 56 namely 60300-1; Dependability management; 60300‑3‑4, Specification of dependability requirements; 60300-3-1, Reliability; 60300-3-10, Maintainability; and 60300-3-14, Supportability are being developed together. Draft documents are to be ready for comment by members of all project teams in January with comments discussed at the next meeting of WG3 in Frankfurt in June 2019. The intent is to issue CD’s (or in the case of 60300-3-4 a CDV) after the Frankfurt meeting.
WG4 – Dependability Information Systems
News at Shanghai, China, October 2019
PWI on risk analysis of open systems
Proposed Work Item (PWI) on risk analysis of open systems will be discussed in the next meeting in Prague.
Comparison of IEC 62741:2015 Demonstration of dependability requirements-The dependability case and ISO/IEC/IEEE 15026-2 Assurance case
IEC 62741 will have stability date and the need for comparison was recognized
Drafting a document on relationship between dependability and emerging
WG 4 decided to support the chairman’s initiative of drafting the document by commenting and possibly proposing revisions.
Stability dates for WG 4 documents were confirmed: IEC 62673 in 2020, IEC 61907 and IEC 62628 in 2021, IEC 62853:2018 Ed.1 Open systems dependability in 2024.