- Working Group 1 – Terminology
- Working Group 2 – Dependability Techniques
- Working Group 3 – Dependability Management and Systems
- Working Group 4 – Dependability Information Systems
WG1 – Terminology
WG 1 had its last in-person meeting at Shanghai, China on October 23, 2019. The in-person meetings planned for 2020 were cancelled due to pandemic caused by Corona virus. Since the meeting in Shanghai, WG 1 has been working, thru correspondence, on the Amendments to definitions of terms in IEC 60050-192 :2015. WG1 did not meet at the virtual IEC/TC 56 Plenary meetings held in the first week of November 2020, and is now polling its members to establish if WG 1 should meet virtually or continue to make progress thru correspondence. Further at the aforementioned IEC/ TC 56 plenary meeting, Joffrey Smitham was appointed the new Co-convenor of WG 1..
WG2 – Dependability Techniques
News at Milan, Italy, November 2018
WG2 have just had a successful meeting in Milan, Italy, between 5th and 9th November 2018
- WG2 have had the following standard published;
- IEC 60812 Analysis techniques for system reliability – Procedure for failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- WG2 are currently working on the following documents:
- IEC 60300-3-5 Application guide ‑ Test Conditions and Statistical Test Principles.
- IEC 61163-2 Reliability stress screening – Part 2: Electronic components.
- IEC 60300-3-1 Dependability management ‑ Part 3-1: Application guide ‑ Analysis techniques for dependability ‑ Guide on methodology.
- IEC 61025 Ed. 2.0 Fault tree analysis (FTA).
- IEC 61123 Reliability testing ‑ Compliance test plans for success ratio.
- IEC 61124 Reliability testing ‑ Compliance tests for constant failure rate and constant failure intensity.
- IEC 62506 Methods for product accelerated testing.
- IEC 61014 Reliability Growth.
<p> The next meeting of Working Group 2 will take place October 2018. Please contact the convener for full details. </p>
WG 3 – Dependability Management and Systems
News at Shanghai, China, October 2019
Two documents from WG 3 have been published since the last TC 56 meeting IEC 62409 Obsolescence management; published 29 May 2019 and IEC 31010 Risk management – Risk assessment techniques; published in June 2019.
The FDIS IEC 62960 Dependability reviews through the life cycle: has been submitted to IEC and is expected to be released for vote shortly.
The main work of WG 3 is the suite of 5 standards that represent the top level documents of TC56 covering dependability management, specification of dependability requirements and each of the dependability attributes of reliability (managed by WG2), maintainability, supportability and availability.
The status of these documents is as follows:
- IEC 60300-1 Dependability Management : a draft CD1 was discussed at the meeting it is intended to issue a CD1 in time for comments in the May meeting.of WG3.
- IEC 60300-3-4 Specification of dependability requiremnts: this standard was already undergoing revision when it was decided to produce a coordinated suite of standards so it has been held up until the Reliability Maintainability and Supportability standards had progressed far enough to plan the suite as a whole. Either a CD3 or a CDV is expected to be released after the meeting with the MT to make this decision when the draft is complete.
- IEC 60300-3-10 Maintainability: Zoom meetings have been occurring to finalise comments on the Working draft and a CD1 will be issued in time for comments to be discussed in the spring meeting. The team did not meet in Shanghai
- IEC 60300-3-14 Supportability . A WD is being prepared. The team did not meet in Shanghai.
- IEC 60300-3-17 Availability . Comments on CD1 were discussed in Shanghai and discussion will continue at the next meeting
- IEC 60300-3-14 Supportability . A WD is A WD is being prepared. The team did not meet in Shanghai.
Work has started on the revision of IEC 62508 Human aspects of dependability. The MT met for the first time in Shanghai and has mapped out a structure for the WD
WG4 – Dependability Information Systems
News at Shanghai, China, October 2019
PWI on risk analysis of open systems
Proposed Work Item (PWI) on risk analysis of open systems will be discussed in the next meeting in Prague.
Comparison of IEC 62741:2015 Demonstration of dependability requirements-The dependability case and ISO/IEC/IEEE 15026-2 Assurance case
IEC 62741 will have stability date and the need for comparison was recognized
Drafting a document on relationship between dependability and emerging technologies.
WG 4 decided to support the chairman’s initiative of drafting the document by commenting and possibly proposing revisions.
Stability dates for WG 4 documents were confirmed: IEC 62673 in 2020, IEC 61907 and IEC 62628 in 2021, IEC 62853:2018 Ed.1 Open systems dependability in 2024.